Gourmet Harvest International Recipe Of The Month
Savory Brunch Muffins
This is a delicious brunch muffin that makes a full meal. We know you will enjoy this featured recipe from folks at Better Homes and Gardens where they are famous for churning out some tasty and delightful dishes. Salmon, eggs, potato chips all in a convenient one handed muffin carrying case. What could be better!
Savory Brunch Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
2 ounces smoked salmon (lox-style), chopped
2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
1cup wavy potato chips, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or line cups with parchment paper squares; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside
2. In a 2-cup measure whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, eggs, butter, and dill. Add all at once to flour mixture. Gently stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently fold in salmon and chopped eggs.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full. Sprinkle crushed potato chips over batter in cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool in cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
From the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen
To Make Parchment Cups:
Cut parchment paper into 5-inch squares. Spray each muffin cup with nonstick cooking spray and press a parchment square into each cup, pressing the paper firmly against the sides to pleat. (The parchment will be loose until the batter is added.)
This Better Homes and Gardens Brunch Recipe is both delicious and unique. It is great for Brunch and is also a fantastic addition to and party. To see more recipes fro BH&G visit this link: Better Homes and Gardens
Nutrition Facts (Savory Brunch Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 169 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 75 mg chol. ,
- 335 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 gsugar ,
- 6 g pro.
Check back with us for more Recipes and Quick Tips For Baking each month.
in addition, we will have interesting articles, baking tips, recipes and much much more. If you have a favorite baking recipe that you think others would enjoy and you are willing to share it, send it to us through our Contact Us form.
We will let you know if we decide to include it in one of our blogs. That way you can tell all your friends and they can see your name and recipe featured. Any story about the recipe and where it originally came from would be great. We love those stories, after all that is how we got started.