Gourmet Harvest International Recipe Of The Month – Red Raspberry Butter Jelly Roll
This is a favorite dessert that all your friends and family will love. iI is wonderful anytime and is easy to make. It is light and yet so mouthwatering. Don’t be surprised if your if you get asked to make it all year long. This recipe is easy to make, takes about 40 minutes and serves 6-8 people.
Of course, when you don’t feel like baking Gourmet Harvest International is your home bakery for the best tasting Fruitcakes, Nutcakes, Breads, Muffins and Cookies in America. They are all baked with love in Houston, Texas.
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar (plus extra for dusting)
1 jar American Spoon Fruit Butter
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line the bottom of a 12×18 inch baking pan with parchment. Using melted butter, brush the parchment and the sides of the baking pan.
2. Combine the eggs and sugar in a stand mixer and whip until they turn fluffy and pale yellow. Add the vanilla extract and water and whisk to combine. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the flour and gently fold together.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared sheet tray. Tilt the pan back and forth until the batter is in an even layer. Place in the oven and bake until the cake is springy to the touch and the edges start to pull away from the pan, 12-15 minutes.
4. Place a clean, slightly damp kitchen towel on your work surface. Invert the pan onto the towel and gently shake the tin to release the cake. Remove the parchment paper from the top of the cake and let cool.
5. While the cake is cooling, combine the heavy cream and the powdered sugar and whisk until the cream holds medium peaks. When the cake is cool, spread the fruit butter over the cake, leaving a 1-inch border. Repeat with the whipped cream. With the long side of cake facing you, roll the cake (the kitchen towel you inverted the cake on is an excellent tool to help roll). Dust the jelly roll with the reserved powdered sugar and serve.
This Delicious Red Raspberry Butter Jelly Roll Recipe is from our friends at American Spoon. American Spoon handcrafts fruit preserves and condiments in small batches, capturing the singular flavors of exceptional fruits in every jar. To order the toppings for this recipe visit: American Spoon Fruit Butter
Check back with us for more Recipes and Quick Tips For Baking each month.
in addition, we will have interesting articles, baking tips, recipes and much much more. If you have a favorite baking recipe that you think others would enjoy and you are willing to share it, send it to us through our Contact Us form.
We will let you know if we decide to include it in one of our blogs. That way you can tell all your friends and they can see your name and recipe featured. Any story about the recipe and where it originally came from would be great. We love those stories, after all that is how we got started.